Saturday, July 7, 2007

Early morning hours and new beginnings

Okay so it was about time I got a new blog. It's kind of weird having the same journal/blog for over two years, because every once in a while I'd look back and be like "Jeez, I was so young and naive! What was I thinking! I hope no one reads these old posts!". Well, two years from now I'm sure I'll be looking back on this silly thing and be saying the same thing. But anyways, starting a new journal is so refreshing/exhilarating. There's something so appealing about an empty notebook. I'm painting over all of my old entries in my real notebook. I hated going back and reading them, they were too sad. So anyways, this blog is my new outlet. My blank canvas. My clean slate. I feel like it's New Years Eve or something!



I like staying up really late, so I can take in all the quietness and just be by myself and have no one to nag me or talk to me. In my house at least, no one is awake past midnight. Whenever I stay up late, I get a kick of creative energy right around 1am which is always fun(ny), because I'm a little sleepy and giddy and whatever I make usually turns out pretty fucking cool. I get the best ideas late at night... or in the shower. I think it's the separateness-from-the-world of both of these times that sparks my mind.

It is officially 7/7/07! I can't wait for 7:07.

No comments: